Date Posted: 2/22/2013
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (“CABVI”) is currently seeking an Access Technology Specialist to join our Staff team. This is a full-time position reporting to the ATS Manager. The principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide evaluation to clients referred to CABVI for assessment of potential use of mainstream and access technologies, primarily large print software and hardware options for consumers with various degrees of vision loss
- Provide instruction and support to consumers in skill areas including computer literacy, effective use of large print access technology and standard Microsoft and Apple based applications for obtainment of vocational, academic, and personal use goals.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of mainstream and adaptive technology and trends; provide consultation to persons and groups as needed.
- Maintain accurate computer based documentation on program and consumer service.
- Handle special projects and assignments to help meet program or agency needs.
Applicants interested in being considered for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and/or 1 to 2 years of experience in the technology field with MOS and A+ certifications preferred.
- Expertise with at least Windows and/or iOS operating systems
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Able to write detailed reports and conduct consumer evaluations. Teaching experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of portable computing and smart phone platforms and their respective applications
- Visual Basic, C++, HTML coding skills are a plus
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.