Date Posted: 2/28/2014
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (“CABVI”) is currently seeking an Access Technology Specialist to join our Staff team. This is a full-time position reporting to the ATS Manager. The principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide evaluation to clients referred to CABVI for assessment of potential use of mainstream and access technologies, primarily large print software and hardware options for consumers with various degrees of vision loss as well as text-to-speech and other non-visual computer adaptations.
- Provide instruction and support to consumers in skill areas including computer literacy, effective use of large print access technology and standard Microsoft and Apple based applications for obtainment of vocational, academic, and personal use goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of mainstream and adaptive technology and trends; provide consultation to persons and groups as needed.
- Maintain accurate, well-written and detailed documentation on program and consumer service.
- Handle special projects and assignments to help meet program or agency needs.
Applicants interested in being considered for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and/or 1 to 2 years of experience in the technology field with Microsoft or A+ certifications preferred.
- Expertise with at least Windows, OSX, iOS and Android operating systems.
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple projects independently.
- Strong knowledge of portable computing and smart phone platforms and their respective applications.
- Visual Basic, C++, HTML coding knowledge and troubleshooting skills are a plus.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.