Date posted: 4/20/2017
Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (CABVI) is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering employment and services to people who are blind or visually impaired. CABVI is ISO 9001 Registered.
CABVI is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of its rich tradition of diversity in hiring.
CABVI is seeking to fill an Assistant Machine Operator position. This is a full-time schedule in a union environment. The Assistant Machine Operator converts jumbo tape rolls into individual rolls on a converting machine and assists with changeovers and routine maintenance. This position reports to the Industries Program supervisor. The pay rate for this position is $16.60/hour. This rate is set by a contract and is not negotiable.
- Operates Burris roll conversion machine to produce rolled products according to customer specifications and Industries Program standards for quality, production rate, and safety.
- Loads core shafts with tape cores and installs shafts into machine. Removes loaded cores from shaft for inspection and packing.
- Assists with machine tooling and changeovers for different production runs. Loads, unloads and feeds tape jumbo rolls.
- Identifies equipment problems and malfunctions during production runs. Notifies Supervisor of any mistakes, defects, and equipment malfunctions in a timely manner consistent with severity of problem.
- Assists with routine maintenance and performs daily cleaning of machine.
- Trains to perform primary operator responsibilities in the absence of the Operator (Packaging Tape).
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Previous slitting, fabricating, converting, or other large machine operation experience required
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs regularly with the assistance of another team member; must be able to independently lift 70 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to work in a standing position throughout the work shift
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team, communicate effectively, and carry out simple instructions
- Must be able to carry, lift, reach, twist at waist, stoop, kneel, and maneuver through the production areas
- Must have a positive attitude and sense of humor
How to Apply:
To apply for a position at CABVI, please complete our accessible online application and attach a resume.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.