Date Posted: 12/27/2012
CABVI is currently seeking an Orientation and Mobility Specialist. This is a full-time position working primarily with adult clients and reporting to the Rehabilitation Manager. The principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Evaluates individual needs of clients for orientation and mobility instruction.
- Instructs clients in orientation and mobility techniques to help them achieve independence.
- Maintains information on client service and service reports in a timely manner.
- Completes special projects or assignments to help meet program or agency needs.
- Provides consultation, information, and on-going service to maintain client independence.
Applicants interested in being considered for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Masters Degree in Orientation and Mobility from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2 years of O&M experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be certified or certifiable by ACVREP.
- Ability to work independently.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
The Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
Cincinnati is the 24th largest urban metropolitan area in the United States, connecting the energy and amenities of a vibrant metro region with the access and opportunities of a tight-knit community. Easily accessible from Ohio, Indiana, and Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati is the headquarters for nine Fortune 500 companies. Cincinnati boasts a robust, diverse economy with competitive advantages in aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, brand design & creative services, chemistry, financial services, IT services and consumer goods. Cincinnati is also the home to major sports teams including the Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds. For patrons of the arts, Cincinnati’s unique and thriving arts community provides a rich tapestry of stage performances, galleries, museums, festivals, and cultural events.
How to Apply…
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
CABVI, Attn: Human Resources, 2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Fax: (513)-221-2995 E-mail: email@example.com
CABVI is an EEO M/F/D/V employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.