Volunteers are selected based on their interests, knowledge, experience and availability. CABVI makes every attempt to match a volunteer's desires with our organization's needs. Volunteers assist CABVI on a regular basis and are asked to make a commitment of at least six months. Some volunteers help weekly, while others choose bi-weekly or monthly assignments.
- Improve the quality of life for a person who is blind or visually impaired
- Enjoy making new friends
- Learn about blindness and visual impairment
- Enrich your own life by helping someone live more independently
- Use your skills and talents for worthwhile projects
- Be more connected to your community by assisting others
- Use your volunteer experience as a reference