CABVI is currently seeking a part-time Communication Center Coordinator to provide support for one of our social enterprises, VIE Ability, which fulfills office supply orders for commercial customers in the Greater Cincinnati region, creating employment opportunities for people who have vision loss.
Principal accountabilities for this position include:
• Provide excellent customer service by responding to inbound/outbound calls with the highest standards of professionalism. Consistently and accurately maintains records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
• Researches and purchases office products to meet customer order requirements.
• Perform fulfillment duties such as data sorting, picking and bagging products, labeling and shipping, and cycle counts.
• Provide accounting support such as invoicing and purchase order reconciliation.
• Assist with e-mail marketing initiatives to implement the CABVI Communications Center sales plan; drafts and sends communications, and provides reporting on their effectiveness.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive customer and company information.
• Promotes a positive team environment and communicates regularly with staff and management to ensure a clear understanding of CABVI goals.
• Contributes to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the CABVI Communications Center by performing other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants interested in being considered for this position should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Preference will be given to candidates who are legally blind and proficient in basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and keyboarding.
• Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred. Customer service or clerical experience centered on computer interaction preferred.
• Interpersonal skills that include active listening & prompt response.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to perform computer skills with accuracy and speed.
• Ability to spend extended periods of time seated at a computer workstation while using a headset, telephone, and computer.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) and internet search functions.
• Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from vibrant downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
ABOUT VIE ABILITY
With an unemployment rate for individuals who are blind at 70%, purchases from VIE Ability help provide jobs and professional training to help persons who are blind or visually impaired to develop the skills needed to succeed. The goal of VIE Ability is to operate with at least 75% direct labor from people who are blind or visually impaired. In the daily process of fulfilling office supply orders and handling customer service calls, these individuals work one-on-one and in groups to develop proficiency and confidence needed to be successful in our community.
In today’s economy, most jobs whether in manufacturing or in the service sector require the use of a computer to perform daily functions. This is particularly challenging for individuals who are blind. While working at VIE Ability our staff learns to excel on the computer using specialized audio screen-reader software, magnification software, refreshable Braille, or a combination of the three. We are proud of the work we are doing and of the partners who support this office supply social enterprise.