Contract Closeout Specialist
Date Posted: August 14, 2018
* * ARE YOU LEGALLY BLIND AND SEEKING AN EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY? * *
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is seeking a talented, highly-motivated, legally-blind candidate to join the CABVI team as Contract Close-out Specialist. This position is part of a Contract Management Service (CMS) operation at the U.S. Marine Corps base in Quantico, VA.
ABOUT THE POSITION…
Contract Close-out Specialists work as part of a team of blind and low vision personnel to perform the day-to-day operations necessary to prepare federal government contracts to be “closed out.” The principal responsibilities of the position include:
- Completes contract close-out process by following standard operating procedures and instructions from the CMS Supervisor.
- Contacts agencies, manufacturers, and contractors to acquire written payment history through electronic or verbal means. Determines if obligated funds match required payment on the contract, or if there is an opportunity to de-obligate funds.
- Prepares closeout documents for Contracting Officer to review and approve.
- Completes daily and weekly reports to track metrics throughout the close-out procedure.
- Performs administrative tasks include the use MS office, Access, Excel, Word and other programs in performance of job responsibilities.
Applicants interested in the Contract Close-out Specialist position should meet the following requirements:
- * * Applicants must be legally blind (with some vision) and a U.S. Citizen * *
- A four-year degree (B.S. or B.A.) is preferred, but applicants will also be considered with a two-year degree and equivalent on-the-job training and work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Proficiency with screen-magnification software, if needed (e.g. ZoomText).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to pass a rigorous background screen required of government contractors for security clearance.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from vibrant downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
The only town in America ‘surrounded’ by the United States Marine Corps. Sited on the scenic banks of the Potomac, the Town is entered through the Quantico Marine base and is literally encircled by this training base’s many facilities. Featuring traditional shops and a setting right out of America’s past, the town is also the site of numerous special events. Located nearby is the newly opened National Museum of the Marine Corps and the Quantico National Cemetery with its flag-girted Avenue of honor.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug Free Workplace.